Relax, Rejuvenate, Refresh, Repeat
Yoga is an ancient practice that originated in India. With it’s different poses and breathing patterns, it is designed to improve overall health. Let’s face it, there has to be some benefits if it has been practiced for over 5,000 years.
Many yogis have a preferred class style they tend to take based on the pace, positions, and even room temperature. Some examples include:
- Hatha – this is a slower class requiring each pose to be held for a few breaths.
- Vinyasa – this is a flow class that links movement and breath together.
- Hot Yoga – typically Bikram style of Yoga performed in hot and humid conditions. The benefit is detoxification. Heavy sweating is said to flush toxins from the skin.
- Iyengar – named after one of the foremost yoga teachers in the world, B.K.S. Iyenger, this is a form of Hatha yoga emphasizing detail, precision, alignment, and breath control.
Whether you are taking a yoga class to work it out, sweat it out, stretch it out, or just relax, you can have it all no matter where you are. All you need is a mat and some motivation!
Benefits and Beliefs
Whether you are in search of better physical, mental, or spiritual health, yoga is only a stretch away!
Here are just a few benefits yoga has to offer:
- Improve posture
- Balance metabolism
- Increase strength and flexibility
Emphasizing on breathing and meditation, yoga can:
Even in the midst of chaos, yoga can help you find:
- Happiness from within
- A more positive outlook
- Awareness to a more joyful and meaningful life
Patience and Penless
There are not many items you will need to start a yoga practice. A mat, blocks and a strap are the three main props you need to get started. Putting these items on your Penless Wish list is a great way to get some of your essentials. You can also put sessions at a yoga studio and yoga clothes on your Wish list. The Penless Wish list is such an easy way to get what you want and at the same time, make it easy on the person shopping for your gift. On the Penless Wish list, you can put the exact color, size if applicable, the store where to buy it or the website where to order it online. It doesn’t get much easier!!
“The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life.” – B.K.S. Iyenger