With summer here, it is officially time to kick back and enjoy the season. Long days and warm nights are the perfect ingredients for a summer party. Entertaining is as essential to summer as rope swings at the lake, building a sandcastle, and watching movies on the projector during firefly filled nights. If you want to be the hostess with the “mostess” this year, you know, the one who is composed, relaxed, and gracefully mingles with all their guests, try these easy party-planning tips.
- Give your guests plenty of notice. Summer calendars fill up fast with vacations, ball games, and projects. Try planning your party during a less busy time like Friday after work or Sunday afternoon.
- Take an inventory of party supplies. Renting tables and chairs are an economical alternative to buying and having to store supplies. Make sure to have plenty of coolers, drinks, ice, citronella candles (if outside) and serving pieces.
- Keep the menu simple. A main dish and a few sides are all that is needed. Potlucks are also nice, and you will have a large variety of food without one person having to prepare much.
- Do not overthink the drinks. Have a station set up for your guests to help themselves. A full bar is not necessary nor expected. Beer, wine and maybe a signature summer cocktail will make everyone happy. Don’t forget the water. A large beverage dispenser of water spiked with a little mint, lemon or strawberries will add a little burst of flavor along with making it look refreshing.
- Set the mood. Little things you do make a big difference in making your home feel more inviting. This can be candles in the bathroom, flower arrangements on the tables or outdoor lanterns hung from the trees.
- Get the wireless speaker out. Create a playlist to keep the party light and fun. Encourage your guests to RSVP with some of their favorite summertime songs.
- Create comfort for your guests. Make sure to have plenty of supplies on hand such as sunscreen and towels for a pool party or bug spray and blankets for an evening party.
- Last tip and most important tip – Have fun and relax. Enjoying your friends and family is what throwing a party is all about!
Penless can help you organize and plan your party. With the idea board on the Penless app, you can collect photos of your favorite party ideas from the web, on-the-go, or from your photo albums. You can also add notes to these idea. With the Penless app, planning a party just got easier!