With the possibility of a celebrity sighting, must-see attractions, and sunshine, Los Angeles is one of the most popular travel destinations in California as well as one of the most populated cities to live in America. Growing up in Southern California, I was in Los Angeles quite a bit- just because I’m a SoCal local doesn’t mean I can’t still be an LA tourist.
Living the LA Lifestyle
Taking the day to explore this city involves a lot of walking as well as a lot of driving- well sitting in your car at a standstill- but that’s besides the point. Some of the highlights to hit while in the Hollywood area include:
- Hike the Hollywood sign – Perched atop Mount Lee, sits a symbol of Hollywood glamor that measures 450 feet in length with Mammoth white letters, each standing 45 feet high. You will find stunning views of the Hollywood sign while hiking through the rolling chaparral of the Santa Monica Mountains.
- Griffith Observatory – Southern California’s gateway to the cosmos. The observatory hosts fascinating exhibitions and features a top-notch planetarium – not to mention a fantastic photo-op!
- Hollywood Walk of Fame – A trip to Los Angeles would not be complete without finding your favorite stars on this boulevard where the stars of Hollywood are immortalized with bronze star-plaques.
- Venice Beach – If you are looking to spend the day at the beach, Venice, with its bohemian spirit, is not to be missed. The boardwalk is lined with street performers and vendors. You can see everything from break-dancing, broken glass walking, mimes, jugglers, and everything in between. You can have your fortune read, get a temporary tattoo, or have your name written on a grain of sand. There is also the famous Muscle Beach.
- Universal Studios – If you like to go behind the scenes of a real working movie studio, Universal Studios is for you. On the tram tour, you will encounter the smoldering wreckage of the Boeing 747 from Steven Spielberg’s War of the Worlds, see Jaws in the water, come face to face with King Kong 360 3-D, and see the legendary Bates Motel from Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho just to name a few.
A trip to LA wouldn’t be complete without pictures and videos. This is where Penless VideoDrops comes in. Check out all the VideoDrops that are perfect for the California lifestyle.